Schools in the parish of Easkey
Rathlee National School
In 1926 a new school house was built on the site of the present school. It remained a separate boys’ and girls’ school until 1927 when the two were amalgamated. In 1966 Clooneenmore National School closed, with 33 pupils on roll. The pupils were transported to Rathlee. The school was refurbished in 1990. An extension was built to provide another classroom, staff room, and indoor toilets
Killeenduff National School
Killeenduff National School (officially known as St Farnan’s N.S.) is a two teacher school located just outside Easkey village in Co. Sligo. The single storey building is situated across from The Split Rock within the school building, which was renovated and extended in 2007, are a junior classroom (Junior Infants – 2nd class), a Senior classroom (3rd class to 6th class), a special education room, a music/extra classroom, an office, a kitchen, toilet facilities and a store room.
Fred Conlon the sculpture is a past pupil.